Nukeproof don’t have an EMTB but they do have the Nukeproof Scout(er). A rad fossil-fuel-powered hardtail that wouldn’t be out of place in Mad Max.
The Hardest of all Hardtails, just with a bit more Barrrrrp
The darkest winter nights have been encouraging the darkest of thoughts. The “slog“ of lapping heavy going British trails, brought on a new anger and envy at the Electrical powered brethren’s. If you can’t beat them, join them?
But how you cry? Nukeproof don’t have an Electrical powered bicycle market… And we still don’t. We’ve bypassed electric and gone straight back a bygone era. Please welcome our latest addition to the Nukeproof range; the Scout(er).
Designed and developed deep in the Black Country, UK. With over 3 months of tinkering, engineering and refining in the garden shed, it’s almost ready for the trails. Harnessing the power of an E-Bike, but with technology from a lost generation technology, a 2-stroke 80cc engine 3BHP motor. As with any new bike, you’ve got to bring in a new standard, so we’re pleased to introduce super mega whopper boost 168mm spacing (box Ticked).
A high performance fully compromised build resurrected from the scrap heap and spare parts box:
- Scout 275 XL Frame
- Rockshox Lyrik 170mm
- Nukeproof Finishing kit Inc. Custom Saddle (As unwanted by Sam Hill)
- Sam Hill Signature Super Throttle grip
- Hybrid No Hope Wheelset (Hope Pro 4 27.5 Rear/ Mavic Deemax Front)
- Tyres: Semi-Slick Michelins
- Sram Code/ Guide mix ‘n match brakes
- Sam Hill Day of the Dead Hand Guards
- Super Mega Whopper Boost: 168mm Hub Spacing
- X01 11 Speed Drivetrain
- Fully customised plumbing
- Top Tube Mounted Hydration for an incredible range
- 80cc eBay motor, creating 3bhp
- A LOT of re-engineering
- Near certain death.
- SRP: £20,000*
What do you think of the Nukeproof Scout(er)? This rad contraption will eat up the trails, has the shortest recharge times, goes well with studded leather and is the most hardcore hardtail there is. Let us know what you think in the comments below.
You can checkout Nukeproof here: https://nukeproof.com/
Other articles with Nukeproof: