Transition Scout and Sentinel now available in Alloy.
Transition Bikes announce the new budget-friendly alloy versions of the 2021 Transition Scout and Sentinel full suspension mountain bikes.
ALLOY FOR ALL
The Transition Scout and Transition Scout are now available with an alloy frame and new budget-friendly, shred-ready builds.
After a short hiatus, the Sentinel and Scout are available with an alloy frame option and new spec. The all-new alloy frame matches the clean look and frame design of the carbon versions, with the same geo and character that has built their reputation. These bikes are ready to take anything you put in front of them.
With the NX model starting off at $3899 USD, we value making products that help more riders get on the trail, and these are just the ticket!
Click to watch the Industry Summit recap video, where all the latest MTB trends are decided
TR employees, Kate and Dillon, in mountain bike heaven.
Kate catching some air, eye’ing up the corner.
The alloy Sentinel and Scout are both available in two build levels, NX and GX, as well as a frameset. The component spec was hand-picked by our product team to get you as much bike for the dollar as possible.
The NX build comes in at $3899 USD, and GX at $4999 USD.
Starting off, the NX build is ready for anything right out of the box. It comes with a Fox 36 Rhythm fork and Float X Performance shock, along with SRAM Code R brakes. Everything you need, nothing you don’t.
The GX build moves up to a Fox 36 Grip 2 Performance Elite fork and Float X Performance Elite Shock, DT Swiss M 1900 wheelset, powerful Code RSC brakes, and is finished off with an ANVL cockpit. Both models include Maxxis Assegai 3C EXO+ / Maxxis Minion DHRII 3C EXO+ tires and a OneUP dropper post.
Features for both Sentinel and Scout
- LIFETIME WARRANTY
- Featuring SBG Geometry
- All New Alloy Frame
- SRAM Universal Derailleur Hanger
- Enduro Max Sealed Bearings With Bearing Shields On Main Pivot
- Threaded Bottom Bracket
- Molded Rubber Chainstay, Seatstay, And Downtube Protection
- External Rear Brake Cable Routing
- 44/56mm Press In Headset
- Water Bottle Storage Inside Front Triangle
So what do you think of the new Transition Scout and Transition Sentinel Alloy editions? Liking these new budget-friendly yet incredibly capable mountain bikes? Do you prefer Carbon or Alloy bikes? I’m in two minds, perhaps we can go into the pros and cons of each in a separate article. Let me know if you want to read that in the comments below.
You can learn more about Transition Bikes, the Transition Scout and Transition Sentinel here: https://transitionbikes.com
Here are some other articles we think you’ll like:
- Transition Announce The Spire
- New Transition Video – Across the Bay
- Transition TR11 Bike Check with Hannah Bergemann
- Lars’s custom built Transition Spur
- Transition Announce All-New Spur Mountain Bike
- Breaking News – Transition Announce New Sentinel Mountain Bike
- Giant Recon HL 1800 Bike Light Review
- RRP ProGuard Bolt-On Mudguard Review
- Magicshine Monteer 6500S Review