Top 10 Electric Mountain Bikes 2020
In this article, we are going to look at the Top 10 Electric Mountain Bikes in 2020 (E-MTB’s or just E-Bikes for short). Everyone in the Mountain Bike and E-Bike Industry has an opinion on which are the best E-Mountain Bikes. So what is our top 10 pick for the best E-Mountain Bikes? Read on to find out.
In the last couple of years we’ve seen E-Mountain Bikes and E-Bikes appear on the scene and let’s face it they are here to stay! This is no fad and with every big cycling brand jumping onboard we will only see the quality and technology get better.
Here is our pick for the Top 10 Electric Mountain Bikes 2020(E-MTB, E-Bikes).
Cannondale Monterra 1
The Cannondale Moterra 1 2020 electric Mountain Bike. A bike with infinite capabilities. Take on the big technical terrain, those rugged drop off’s, it also rails precisely where you want to pin it too! uncommonly agile, with its lower centre of gravity design of keeping the motor and battery components as low as possible, modern geometry and shorter chainstays mean the Monterra’s handling is in a class of its own.
Cannondale has re-designed the Moterra around One size doesn’t fit all. Riders come in all sizes. The proportional response is the only design that addresses this fact, tailoring the suspension layout by size so that every rider gets optimal traction, suppleness and control.
With a powerful Bosch Performance CX drive unit and a long-lasting 625wh PowerTube battery that integrates cleanly into the Moterra’s burly carbon frame. Giving you, the rider the power and range to ride anything anywhere.
Built to go hard with 160mm of dialled in suspension. Big grippy quality 29″ tyres (27.5 on the Small for the best fit) proper wide bars and short stem keep handling quick and accurate, accompanied with powerful stopping power and a dropper seat post.
Utilizing size-specific centre-of-gravity data, the suspension linkage is tailored by size so that every rider experiences optimized suspension performance while braking, climbing and descending.
Cannondale Moterra 2020 Features
- A Ballistec Carbon frame keeps the mass to a minimum, but since the Cannondale engineers prioritized durability over gram counting, confidence is built-in (so is a lifetime warranty).
- Shock Linkage is a key part of the proportional response suspension design. Each size frame gets its own custom shock links and pivot locations for that “made for you” suspension feel.
- The Ai Advantage drivetrain opens up the rear triangle for more tyre clearance. While keeping the chainstays short for nimble agility. A stiffer, stronger rear wheel is just icing on the cake.
- LockR Pivots Thru Axle pivot system creates a rock-solid connection between both sides of the swingarm for instantaneous response. No twist, no flex and no special tools required.
- There’s even a place for a real water bottle. right in the front triangle.
Canyon Spectral:ON 9.0
Spectral:ON CF 9.0 As our flagship e-MTB the carbon Spectral:ON 9.0 sets the standard with its integrated Shimano battery, 150 mm of travel and modern trail geometry. Throw in Fox Factory suspension and lightweight Reynolds wheels and you have an exceptional mountain bike: E- or otherwise.
The Spectral:ON 9.0 is kitted out with the best equipment to keep the weight low and the fun factor high. A Shimano XTR groupset with powerful four-piston brakes, Reynolds TRe carbon wheels and Fox Factory front and rear suspension are the icing on the cake of this highly capable e-MTB.
Spectral:ON CF 9.0 Features
- Carbon Frame
- Fox 36 Factory Forks
- Fox Float DPX2 Factory rear shock
- Shimano Steps E8000
- Shimano Steps E8035 504 Wh Battery
FOCUS JAM² 9.9 DRIFTER
JAM² 9.9 DRIFTER Features
- Carbon front triangle, 7005 aluminium rear triangle, 3D forging, 150 mm F.O.L.D.
- Fox 36 Factory, 3-position lever, 15×110 mm QR, 150 mm
- Fox Float DPS Factory, 3-position lever, 210×55 mm, hardware, custom tune, 150 mm
- Shimano Steps E8000, 70 Nm, 250 W, 25 km/h
YT Decoy CF Pro Race
The DECOY opens up a new world of mountain biking. You master climbs that you would never have attempted with another bike, you go further and you discover trails that you have never ridden before. Riding the DECOY is like downhill with a built-in shuttle. The difference: going uphill is now a lot more fun than sitting in a lift chair.
The carbon frame of the DECOY CF Pro Race is built up with electronic Di2 shifting, carbon wheels and high-performance FOX Float Factory suspension components. The mix of wheel sizes (29”/27.5” Plus) and the new-school geometry create a lively, natural feel that will soon have you forgetting that you are riding an E-MTB. Our V4L rear suspension layout gives the DECOY an aggressive, downhill-oriented character with tons of grip and that dynamic pop which lets you shred the bike just like you are used to.
At the very top of the range, the DECOY CF Pro Race is the right choice if you are looking for a lightweight E-MTB with high-end components, and maximum adjustability is indispensable for you.
YT Decoy CF Pro Race Features
- Decoy Carbon Frame
- Fox 36 Float Factory E Fork
- Fox Float X2 Factory Shock
- Shimano Steps E8000 Motor
- SMP YT Custom Battery
Whyte W-180 RS V1
The Whyte E-180 RS Electric Mountain Bike, an exceptionally fun, fast and very capable Enduro-focussed mountain bike. With Whyte’s OTO geometry, 180mm of travel from Fox Suspension and Sram Code brakes make a fantastic MTB package that will see you down the steepest and toughest of trails in record time – all this with a motor that will accompany your power back to the top to do it all again.. and again. The Uncompromised Whyte OTO geometry combined with an ultra-low centre of gravity means outstanding handling, balance and control. A complete eSystem from Bosch means reliability and unbeatable backup. And no big hole in our downtube to fit the battery in (it loads through an inline port at the bottom) means maximum structural integrity for minimum weight.
The brand new high-torque Bosch Gen 4 motor is super-compact with exceptionally smooth power delivery which simulates normal pedalling, the range is improved too as we fit a powerful 625Wh battery as standard!
Whyte E-180 RS Features
- Frame – Featuring a toughened 6061 Hydroformed T6 Mult Butted Aluminium frame
- Suspension – Fox performance Elite 36 Suspension with 180mm of travel.
- Rear Shock – Fox Float DHX-2 Factory with independent adjustable compression and rebound damping
- Crankset – Race Face Aeffect E bike-specific crank with X-Sync Direct Mount 34 T for Bosch Gen 4 Motor
- Wheelset – WTB KOM Trail i30 Wheels with 30mm width and super tough construction
- Tyres – Maxxis Assigai WT TR 27.5 x 2.5″ 120TPI Tyres
- Brakes – Sram Code RSC 4 Pot with Sintered metal pads / 200mm rotors.
Specialized S-Works Turbo Levo
- Lightweight and responsive carbon frame designed for aggressive trail riding.
- The smoothest, most powerful motor on the market.
- FOX 36 Factory fork and DPS rear shock provide 150mm of peerless suspension performance.
Specialized S-Works Turbo Levo Features
- Frame – S-Works FACT 11m full carbon, 29 Trail Geometry, Integrated down tube battery, enclosed internal cable, Command Post routing, 148mm spacing, fully sealed cartridge bearings, 150mm of travel
- Suspension – FOX FLOAT Factory, 36, GRIP2 damper, 51mm offset, 15x110mm, tapered alloy steerer, Kashima, 150mm of travel
- Rear Shock – FOX FLOAT DPS Factory, Kashima coating, 3-position adjustment, 52.5x210mm, Rx Trail Tune
- Crankset – Praxis, full carbon ISIS, custom offset, 165mm
- Tyres – Front: Butcher, GRID casing, GRIPTON® compound, 2Bliss Ready, 29×2.6″
Rear Tyre: Eliminator, BLCK DMND Casing, 2Bliss Ready, 29×2.3″
- Motor – Specialized 2.1, custom Rx Trail-tuned motor, 250W nominal
- Battery – Specialized M2-700, integrated battery w/rock guard, 700Wh
Cube Stereo Hybrid 160
Cube Stereo Hybrid 160 Features
- Carbon Monocoque Advanced Twin Mold Frame, 6061 Aluminium Rear Triangle, Boost 148 Axle
- Fox 36 Float Factory, Kashima Coated 170mm Suspension Fork
- Fox Float DPX2 Factory EVOL Trunnion Shock, Kashima Coated
- Race Face Next R 35 Carbon Handlebars 800mm wide
- Shimao XT Gearing System
- Bosch PowerTube Battery 625wh
- Bosch Performance CX Generation 4 Drive Unit
- Bosch Kiox Display Unit
Orbea Wild FS
Orbea Wild FS Features
- The swing link rotates on an oversized spindle that gives a major increase in stiffness over smaller axle designs.
- Orbea Monocoque Race (OMR) frames blend high modulus fibres and high strength fibres exclusively
- Carbon/Alloy. Saving weight and delivering value, this Wild FS fusion pairs the front triangle of the carbon model with the alloy rear assembly of the hydroformed frame.
- 29″ wheels offer maximum capability and speed. For long, fast rides over varied terrain with the greatest versatility, 29″ is the clear choice for Wild FS.
- Wide 2.6″ tyres offer a bigger contact patch, which means, more grip.
Haibike Xduro Nduro 10.0 Flyon
Haibike Xduro Nduro Flyon 10.0 Features
- Motor FLYON HPR120S 120Nm
- Battery Flyon The Battery 630Wh
- Fork FOX 36 GRIP2 Factory 180 mm
- Rear Shock FOX FLOAT X2 Factory 180 mm
- Brakes MAGURA MT7 200/200 mm
- Drivetrain SRAM EX1 1×8
Giant Reign E+ 0 Pro
Giant Reign E+ 0 Pro Features
- ALUXX SL-Grade alloy frame with neatly integrated battery pack
- Fox Float X2 Factory shock controls the 160mm of Maestro rear wheel travel
- Fox 36 Factory fork offers 170mm of bump soaking suspension travel
- SRAM XO1 Eagle 12-speed drivetrain for slick gear shifting
- SRAM Code R four-piston hydraulic disc brakes for powerful speed control
What do you think of our pick for the top 10 E-Mountain bikes for 2020? Did we miss your favourite e-bike off the list? Have you still not tried and e-mtb? Not a fan of E-Bikes?
Let us know your thoughts and opinions in the comments section below.