Kids Ride Shotgun Pogies Review
Once again we reach out to James and Chalie Ovnik to help us with a kids MTB product review. This time the Kids Ride Shotgun Pogies Review. A product designed to work with the Kids Ride Shotgun Handlebars and Saddle (Read review here) and to keep your little one’s hands warm during the colder months.
ABOUT THE KIDS RIDE SHOTGUN POGIES:
- Designed for kids 2-5 years (one size fits all)
- For use with all Shotgun seat and handlebar products
- 3M Thinsulate insulation temperature rated to -30°C
- Waterproofing (10,000mm) and breathability (5000gm)
- Outer: 100% Ripstop Polyester
- Insulation: 100% 3M Thinsulate
- Inner Liner: 100% Polyester Fleece
- Waterproofing: 10,000mm (critically seam sealed)
- Breathability: 5,000gm
- Care instructions: Hand wash/hang dry
- Price: £40
Having been huge fans of the Shotgun Kids MTB seat throughout the summer, it’s great to see the company behind it has thought about keeping kids happy and warm as the weather gets colder. The Pogies are rated for temperatures as low as -30, thankfully here in the UK it never gets quite that cold but it’s a clear indication as to the quality of the Pogies, the construction is second to none.
Attaching the Pogies to the handlebars couldn’t be simpler, undo the velcro straps at the end of the glove, wrap them around the bar and you’re good to go. Once attached they stay nicely in place and when putting Charlie onto the bike he was able to easily slide his hands into them and grip the handlebars.
Charlie is 3 and so sits at the smaller end of the age bracket the Pogies are designed for (2 -5 years) which meant there was a reasonable amount of space around his fingers, this however didn’t hamper the effectiveness of the Pogies at all. The day we were testing was cold but not freezing, the windchill when moving quickly would definitely have been felt though, when feeling his hands after roughly an hour of riding it was obvious they had been kept nice and warm throughout the ride.
Overall the Pogies are a super addition to an already excellent product line, well worth the money.
Once again, a big thank you to James, Charlie, and Laura Ovnik for reviewing the Kids Ride Shotgun Pogies.
Do you have a little one that you like to ride your bike with? Or perhaps they’re not quite old enough yet but you’re doing your research now? What do you think of the Kids Ride Shotgun Pogies? Let us know in the comments below and if you’ve used this product to keep your little shredder’s hands warm through winter let us know what you think of them.
You can find out more here: https://kidsrideshotgun.co.uk/products/kids-ride-shotgun-pogies
For more Mountain Bike articles, reviews, media, and news from us at One Track Mind Cycling Magazine:
- Kids Ride Shotgun Pogies
- Kids Ride Shotgun Launch New Pro Child Seat
- Introducing the Kids Ride Shotgun Seat and Handlebars
- Shotgun Launch Shred Til Bed Activity Book
- Shotgun Child Bike Seat + Handlebars Combo Review
- Nukeproof Urchin Range: Performance kids components
- Commencal Clash Kids MTB
- Interview with Anton Thelander
- Kara Beal From MTB Beginner to Influencer