Apidura launches backcountry Hip Pack for technical riding
First Backcountry on body pack combines Backcountry features with Apidura’s on-body expertise
- Apidura adds new Hip Pack to Backcountry Series, tailored to the needs of mountain bikers whether they’re out for sessioning the bike park, an overnighter or a bikepacking epic.
- The pack consists of a main compartment with an internal zipped and an internal mesh pocket, alongside an external zipped side pocket and external mesh side pocket.
- Optimized for comfort, the pack sports a stretch fit velcro strap and secondary stability strap, with stretch mesh sides and low profile, quick drying contoured back panel to aid air flow and comfort.
- Constructed from durable ripstop nylon, with reflective graphics for visibility. Fully seam taped for waterproofing.
- Available from 7 April 2022
The Backcountry Hip Pack is the first on-body pack in Apidura’s Backcountry Series, combining the trail-ready Series features with Apidura’s expertise in on-body carry to create a pack that is as technically advanced as it is comfortable. Small details like a zipper puller capable of storing a spare chain link ensure you can carry everything you need for everything from everyday rides to bikepacking epics.
Constructed from waterproof nylon ripstop with lightweight, breathable mesh for comfort, the hip pack features a main compartment with internal organisation pockets and two external pockets for easy access on the go. The mix of internal and external mesh and zippered pockets provide versatile storage and security for valuables and the waist strap features an elasticated velcro closure, enhanced with a secondary security buckle to dial in a secure and comfortable on-bike fit.
The hip pack has been designed with input from Apidura’s community of riders and testers to fit the widest range of riders possible and a low-profile contoured EVA foam back panel to aid air flow and comfort without adding bulk. The ripstop main body material is reinforced with Hypalon and stretch mesh in key areas and seam taped for waterproofing.
Apidura’s Backcountry Series combines lightweight, waterproofing and durability for packs that are optimized for technical riding, singletrack and mountain trails. Backcountry packs are designed around modern long, low and slack mountain bike geometries and balance capacity with weight distribution for minimal impact on handling. With this pack mountain bikers can carry essentials for everything from sessioning the bike park through to supplementing a full bikepacking setup, with a bag that’s designed to be comfortable and secure all day. The full range and an overview of the philosophies that guide the series can be fount at https://www.apidura.com/shop/backcountry-series/
Apidura creates technical, precision crafted bike luggage that sets records, wins races and supports riders exploring continents, countries and cities. An independent family run business based in London, Apidura helps riders all over the world take their love of cycling further.
So what do you think of the new Backcountry Hip Pack from Apidura? Do you like to wear an MTB bag or fanny pack when riding? Let us know in the comments below.
- Apidura Racing Bolt-On Top Tube Pack Review
- Craft Cadence Top Tube Bag Review
- Craft Cadence Waterproof Bar Bag Review
- Bark + Ride Poo-Chi Pouch Top Tube Bag Review
- Best E-Bike Memes
- RockShox MegNeg Ultimate Guide and Review
- Smith Optics release the new Bobcat
- 76 Projects A.S.S Anti Strap System Review
- Cannondale Scalpel Carbon SE 2 Review