AbsoluteBlack GraphenWax Hot Melt Chain Wax Lubricant Tutorial
In this AbsoluteBlack GraphenWax video tutorial, Kate guides you through the process of how to prepare and treat your chain with the AbsoluteBlack Hot Melt Chain Lubricant.
How to use the AbsoluteBlack GraphenWax Hot Melt Wax Bicycle Chain Lube
- Prepare your bicycle chainTake the chain off the bike or use a brand new chain and clean it using a solvent (like White Spirit or mineral turps) by immersing the chain completely in the solvent for 20-60min using the polybag that was delivered with the wax (Use gloves). Shake the bag with a chain for 2min at the end. Take the chain out and let it fully dry (10-12h – super important). Optionally you can rinse the chain at this point with 98% alcohol to remove any remaining residue. Once the chain is fully dry (10-12h) you can apply the lube normally like instructed below. Solvent cleaning is only needed for the first time to remove the oils.
- After that, If the chain is dirty, you can clean it by simply pouring hot water on the chain and let it dry Cleaning the chain this way doesn’t contaminate the wax in a crockpot, making it useful for longer.
- Melt the GRAPHENwax ® in the crockpot (slow cooker) in the usual manner on medium heat. Melt it completely. Our wax melts at around 70°C (160°F) but you should heat it to around 90-100°C (194-212°F)
- Fully immerse the chain into the molten wax and wait until the wax buildup on the chain melts again (min 10-15min – IMPORTANT!) the Best way to do this is to use a wire metal clothes hanger by threading both ends of the chain on the hanger.
- Agitate the chain gently (up, down, left and right) in the liquid wax (using the coat hanger) for about 3-5min to make sure that the wax goes into the pins. Links need bending movement in order for the wax to get in.
- Take the chain out, hang it, then gently wipe the excess of the wax from the chain side plates and let it cool for about 15min.
- After FULLY cooling to room temperature (min 40min), simply hold your chain in one hand and run it between two fingers of your free hand (as per our video) job done!
What do you think of the AbsoluteBlack GraphenWax bicycle chain lubricant? Have you used a wax chain lube on your bike? Have you tried any other AbsoluteBlack products? Let us know in the comments below.
You can visit AbsoluteBlack here: https://absoluteblack.cc/
Here are some other articles we think you will love: